06 September 2012

Magazine Haul: Swiss collection

It turns out that magazines and books in China are incredibly cheap by our standards...where our Elle costs £10 for a special edition, in China it costs an equivalent £2-3. Insane I know...

So it began with just one or two... I thought I'd buy some essentials, look at the pictures and editorials, seeing as I can't read them... And then. It ended up become more like 10 different magazines.

BUT they make awesome research material, and you can never have too few pretty things to look at.


Having documented all the pages I like, it turns out there's something ridiculous like 60 photos. So it's not sensible to put them in one big fat blogpost....and so I'll have to just keep the suspense, and show you them bit by bit... at least that'll be some good blog material right?

I'll make it helpful and section them off into categories. First up! These are actually not Chinese magazines, but some I picked up at Zurich airport. They of course had these delicious magazines hanging around to take for free (?!!), so I obliged.

The great thing about the Swiss, is that they know how to make a magazine look damn good. They ooze taste and expense, and just clean, minimal beauty. Like a slice of lemon.