26 September 2012

Kingston University: Drawing Day 2, Undercover

Day two was much less ambiguous, and by our materials list, I was pretty sure we'd be doing some groovy life drawing. My last minute change from dead cat (R.I.P Persi) to Bjork was eventually, a VERY good idea. At least some people kind of got it.  I really got into drawing Hannah, she's a pretty great model you know, she's got some amazing faces going on. Construction worker suited her well. She made a far better model than I was that's for sure. 
I have to say, I struggled with the group life drawing. Thinking about it after, I've never drawn a big group like that before, so it was a pretty interesting experience. It didn't suit me, I feel I can focus on one person for half an hour, but perhaps not seven... Something I need to practice. It's funny, I absolutely love drawing crowds on location, but once it gets so concentrated... I find it very difficult. I hope we get to do it again soon so I can look at it differently.