26 September 2012

Kingston University: Drawing Day 1, Gemini

Yesterday was our first drawing session, and I had both feelings of excitement and anticipation. I wasn't sure what to expect, and I'd been guessing all morning what we had from the title (OMG, masking tape, Gemini, they're DEFINITELY going to make us tape each other together and then make us draw another pair!!...). It turned out to be a really fun task, and a challenge! That was to try and draw all 56 people in the class, which turned out to be pretty fun. I had a good time, and it was finally time to see what everybody was made of. Thankfully two of my portraits made it to the wall, so it gave my ego a little sigh of relief... I'm not going to break down so easily this year! Saying that, there are some crazy talented people in this class... I am honoured to share a studio space with them. It makes me want to work even harder! 

Here are my portraits drawn by other people. My favourites were by Claire and Seohye (top left, bottom left), and those were displayed on the wall. Saying that though, I absolutely adore Seungju's (fourth down on the right), and it really, really looks like me too! And I also love James' (the inky blocky one), just for humour and variation. I feel like my NY hoop earrings were a big success, seeing as many a portrait feature some great ghetto hoops.