09 August 2012

Francis Upritchard at Nottingham Contemporary.

I'm very lucky to have done the Visual Dialogues project two years ago, a period of time I sorely missed. As a result of it though, we all get invites to the openings of the exhibitions at the Contemporary and the Castle. Admittedly I hadn't been to one in a long time, so on the 20th July, I reeled my gbf Richard to come along with me to see the Francis Upritchard and Alfred Kubin exhibition.


I found Upritchard's most recent work absolutely captivating. I love the silhouettes and the hands and faces and expressions and positions.... the list goes on. I particularly loved the colourful collection in Gallery two, it really had this nostalgic vibe about it, and there was one particular sculpture that completely resembled Yoko Ono.



Kubin and Upritchard and just completely in tune with one another, and whoever decided that they should sit beside each other in an exhibition should get sweets and a high five. 



And also whoever let ABSOLUT Vodka show up with a free cocktail each was a genius. All topped off with a stunning performance from Rob Green, very impressed.