19 October 2014

Cabin Fever: Square Peg Project

Over the summer, we were given a (potentially) live brief with Square Peg, an identity within Random House. The idea was to create an idea for a non-fiction book meant to make the reader think differently about the world.

I decided I wanted to make a book about our relationship to spaces, especially in the case of isolation, reflection and self-discovery. I decided to use some of my film photography and manipulate them to express my idea, which I still struggle to find words to describe.







This project has kind of side-tracked, and it's not quite fit for the brief they originally set now. However, it's moved on to collaborating with Josh Walker, my amazing friend and colleague from Fashion Scout, who also write poetry. It's taking on a new form, and we're now in the process of looking for people to write about their experiences. If you're interested in getting involved, please do let me know!

It has become an ongoing project now, and I'm loving creating these photo collages and I hope to keep making these regardless! As for third year, I'm really getting into the swing of things now. Although I cannot wait for it to be over, I'm feeling like I am actually preparing myself for the future. There's so much I want to achieve!