04 June 2014

GFW 2014: Saturday 31st May.

If you've been keeping up with all the social media, you'll know that I've been drawing at Graduate Fashion Week this year. Josh Walker (you should all check out his web magazine, Colourblind) is the new editor for Fashion Scout and GFW blog, so he invited me to come back and be part of the team. I've been a little wary of returning to the fashion scene, purely because I don't want to just be known as a fashion illustrator. But at the end of the day, I love clothes, I love the atmosphere, and I love feeling like I am documenting something that people don't get to see, and I truly am honoured to be there.
Just to reiterate, all these drawings are done on location and the background is the only part that is edited afterwards. I think it's important to be there to really understand what it feels like. After all, it's most definitely not about clothes, its about people. It's about designers, models, make-up artists, hair stylists, people that have skills and craft. I think that's the point, that I convey feeling and joy, show each face, draw models dancing and laughing, relaxing.
So this is Day One:



Istituto Marangoni





University of East London




Northumbria



Edinburgh