14 January 2014

Kingston University: 3 Panel Narrative

Our Christmas project was thankfully, very forgiving.

We were given five words, and we were to choose two, and respond with two sets of observed drawings. Then we needed to use it to create one panel of a scene reflecting each of our words.

I chose 'Stuffed' and 'Misunderstanding'. I did intend to do my observation drawings in Germany but... then it was too much fun to concentrate on drawing the people I got to meet. So instead, I made it up with some drawing in the *ahem* wonderful McDonalds.

I decided to do a nice long panorama for my final scene, and I was pretty happy with it!

When we got back, we were to add two extra panels to my narrative. I had two less days (I stayed a little longer to take my third-time-lucky driving test...I passed!) so I didn't have too long but I think it worked to my advantage.

The critique wasn't too bad, but I agree that it is lacking a specific atmosphere. But I think it does come across as place, and I think had I had a few more panels to work with, it could be something more interesting.