19 November 2012

Soho: The Breakfast Club and Berwick Street

Last Saturday, I went to meet Yusra for lunch in Soho at the famed Breakfast Club. We had a halloumi wrap and berry pancakes, before setting off to Berwick Street for some mega fabric sample collecting.


First stop was the famed Cloth House. There are two of these on each end of Berwick Street, and both are perhaps the most beautiful places I've ever witnessed. Choc full of beautiful fabrics and trimmings and buttons... what more could you ask for?? I will forever be a slave to surface pattern and textiles, even if I am an illustration student. I think it's pretty important to keep all of these things going, it's what makes you different. Hannah, Katie, we have to go back to get some more samples!





After spending a good long time rummaging and deciding on our final two samples from each place, we just simply moved on to the next one! I had a massive haul of fabric samples to go home with...what I'd give for some metres of fabric!



I'd just also like to add another apology for the lack of blogposts these last few weeks. It's less that I've become too busy, but more that the internet exasperates me here... It's currently 9am, so I reckon my future blogposts will be a morning affair. However, after chasing people up about it, the internet seems to be a little more improved...we'll see how it goes. Right now, I've also come to uploading on to Flickr to get the photos up on here. Much less of a faff than using Tumblr. Thankyou for all sticking around, and I promise, promise, PROMISE to keep you all posted.