21 July 2014

China Design Centre Student Exhibition.

After the surprise of the V&A exhibition,  the China Design Centre contacted me to invite me to take part in an exhibition at the China Design Centre on Store Street. Until I took my work to the venue, I didn't know very much about it, but on arrival at the exhibition launch, it was great to see and speak to other designers. It did make me wish that my Chinese was better than it is. But it is really great to be a part of a young Chinese community of designers, which I never really imagined I would encounter. As a British born Chinese in a London university, it is a strange limbo being one of few non-international Chinese, although I am very good friends with lots of international students. But nonetheless, I could appreciate the mix of Eastern and Western influences in all the work, and I particularly loved the jewellery, graphics and product design at the exhibition. I took Ani and Rosa to the launch with me, and it was interesting to explain to them some of the more Eastern concepts and lifestyles.











I've met some really lovely and motivated designers, and I really look forward to becoming more a part of this initiative. I swear, I will try my best to swot up on my Chinese.