19 March 2014

New York Sketchbook.

And yet another New York sketchbook!

It was really great to go back for a second time in such a short space of time, I feel really blessed to have the opportunity. I felt like it was a good way to experiment with the way I work, and make it look and feel really different. For a start, I decided not to focus too much on drawing in the first place. This time it was winter, so I think the bitter cold would have stopped anyone just because it would make our hands go blue ( honestly not a cop out, I got windburn THROUGH my trousers...). So I only really drew in two different places.

Hannah and I have been to New York before, so we went up The Rockerfeller with Rosa and spent a good four hours up there drawing. We went in the afternoon and so we luckily caught New York in three states; daylight, twilight and night time. I had so much fun drawing with them, and I don't think I've enjoyed location drawing that much in a long time.






To update you all, things have been looking up so far this term, and I'm so glad that I didn't leave the course this or last year. I really urge anyone who is going to or at university to see it through as much as you can. Obviously, university isn't for everybody, but it is also as much what you make of it as what they offer you at university. So far, I've been really enjoying these projects and I have been able to fulfil my wants and needs more than perhaps the briefs I've been given. But then I feel like I've been progressing which is, of course, the most important aspect.