14 December 2012

Surface Pattern Projects: Water lilies.

In this last week, we've not been given any projects as yet, so I've been working on a couple of things that I want to keep in my system. I'm trying desperately hard to keep doing things on my own, without needing the approval of tutors, because I find that I usually feel the need to have recognition for my work...not always a great habit to have! I also need to work on my editing, and besides, I've been missing surface pattern!

Taken from my sketchbook that I took to China, I used the water lilies pages to come up with this!


I'm really happy with it, for once it's something that flows! The dappled parts are splashes of ink too, I felt like the pattern needed something else to give it a new lease of life. I plan to get these printed at some point onto fabric, I think this is crying out to be a long dress or a scarf or something sheer. I have  lot of plans for these surface patterns that I'm going to be making, so I'll certainly keep you all posted!